The Lewis family purchased the property and continued to operate it as the Union Hotel until 1889. At that time, the Inn was sold again, this time to Mr. George Van Loon, who renamed our beloved enclave the Central House. Years after Mr. Van Loon's passing, the current owners purchased the building and began the task of restoring the Inn to its former Victorian glory. The new owners insisted that the Inn would honor the traditions of its past and over the highest-quality food and service in central Ohio.Over the past 25 years, we have worked hard to maintain those traditions— our chefs bake our bread daily; churn our own ice creams and sorbets and make our homemade pickles, sauces, and soups. We source the finest ingredients to create our seasonal menus and we believe in strongly supporting local and sustainable farming techniques.