The two buildings that now house the Wildfire Restaurant were originally constructed circa 1920 on the site where the City Hotel stood in the late 1890s. Their history is as varied as the history of American business itself. Over the past 80-plus years, these walls have housed a clothing store, a Piggly Wiggly Grocery, Peasley's Meat Market, Lawhon & Anderson Air Condiitoning and Electrical, a Sears and Roebuck Catalog Store and then business offices. More recently, it was a ladies' aparel and gift shop until the current owner, Bill Cox, opened the Wildfire Restaurant with his sister. Subsequently, they also opened the Lockett Banquet Facility in the nearby M. B. Lockett Building that was constructed circa 1890. Both locations offer private dining room accommodations for groups, while the Wildfire is a regular walk-in restaurant.