Theresa Taccarino and Rose Vole were sisters who, in 1954, opened a small business they built on a lot their parents owned on West Avenue. They made sandwiches for lunches and prepared Italian specialty dinners for vacationers who preferred not to cook. The sisters combined their last names to call their place Vol taco's. They ran the business together until 1970 when the Taccarino's bought out the Vole's. Joe Taccarino and his wife Vicki, the second generation of the family, now operate the take-out restaurant.