Potatoes, onions, cauliflower lightly fried with besan (chickpeas) batter. Accompanied with tamarind and coriander chutney.
Cottage cheese fritters lightly fried with a besan (chickpeas) batter. Accompanied with tamarind and coriander chutney.
Paneer Malai Kofta
Homemade cottage cheese balls "koftas" simmered in cashews, tomatoes, spices and cream sauce. Contains nuts.
Jade and Pearls
Saag paneer. Homemade chunks of cottage cheese known as Paneer, simmered in a savory spinach curry.
Half chicken marinated in yogurt, ginger, garlic, garam masala, and barbecued in our Tandoor. Served with grilled onions, lime wedges, and accompanied with white rice and a Chef's vegetarian special of the day.
Tender pieces of white meat chicken marinated in a rich blend of masalas, lemon juice, yogurt, and barbecued in our Tandoor. Served with grilled onions, lime wedges, and accompanied with white rice and a Chef's vegetarian special of the day.
South Indian Entrees
Steamed rice lentil patties. Accompanied with savory sambar and fresh coconut chutney.
Bite size fried Iddlies with a light layer of Tiffin's homemade tomato and garlic Manchurian sauce. Accompanied with savory sambar and fresh coconut chutney.
The Meaning Of Tiffin Throughout The Ages
Tiffin (ti.fin), noun. First used in 1785. In India and neighboring eastern countries. A light midday meal; luncheon. Hence Ti.ffin, intransitive verb, to take tiffin, to lunch.
- adapted from The Oxford Universal English Dictionary, 1937
Tiffin (tif'fin), - noun.
1. An upscale Maryland Indian restaurant where mouth wateringly fragrant dishes uplift the heart and soul of all who choose to eat there.
2. A delicately spiced meal served at the Tiffin. - intransitive verb.
3. To eat lunch or dinner at the Tiffin in Maryland. Hence by extension.
4. to Tiffin, to gather with friends at the Tiffin for a delectable meal, whether at lunch or dinner. - transitive verb.
5. to provide lunch and dinner for and serve delicious meals to, patrons of the Tiffin; an art in itself. Something the management, chefs, and waiters at the Tiffin do each day and night withd Tiffin loving care.