In September 2004, Al and Elaine Blackwood purchased the house on South Second Street in historic Waterville. It took one year for Al and their son, Mike, to remodel what we now see as a Day Spa and Salon! The house is more than a century old, and is a part of the Waterville Historical Society. The house was built by Charles Metzger (1870-1941) who was a carpenter by trade. His father, August, had moved to Waterville in 1867. They lived on the southeast corner of South and Second Streets where Charles was born.