The course opened in 1929 as a nine-hole, shareholder-owned course named Terrace Golf Course. Patrons were ushered onto the property through a clubhouse that more resembled a shack. Despite the lack of amenities offered by today's complex, the golf course furnished a sense of community. It was a place of recreation for those who understood the value of golf wasn't just about a high draw onto the fairway or sticking it close to the pin with a 7-iron. The early owners knew golf's mystical abilities to create lasting friendships and camaraderie. This group risked the money to create a golf home. Seventy nine years later, patrons have seen an overhaul of the course design, an additional nine holes and an inviting and comfortable clubhouse; the property still exhibits and lives by its early qualities. One of the first major changes occurred in 1962 when the sand greens were finally grown over with bent grass.