The landmark presently known as the Road House was built in 1848. Over the years the estate would be a gathering place for many. Most importantly, a safe house for the soldiers in the 40's during World War II. The McKinley-Ogden estate later became a Bed & Breakfast. A favorite place for actors to stay and rehearse while they performed in the "Summer Stock" held at the Strand-Capitol in the early 50's.