The original "The Lobster" opened in 1925, but it was the dreams of a dishwasher named Mateo Castillo that worked his way up to owner in 1950, that established "The Lobster" as the 'Seafood Shack' so sought popular through the 50's, 60's and 70's. A family owned and operated venue, the modest structure only belied the strong attraction of location and real seafood. Their success was service and good food. A quality that holds true today. Rose Freeman purchased the property in the 80's. In the mid 80's, The Lobster closed its doors, leaving the property vacant for a decade.