Taylor Grocery was built around 1889 by Duff Ragland. The store was originally a dry goods store. Will Walker bought the store from Ragland, and it operated as a dry goods store until around 1930. It was then sold to Joe Powell, who sold it to the Jim Hamilton family. They rented the store to Gid Hurdle who operated it as a general store paying' a rent of $5 per month. Harry Browning was the next storekeeper who ran the general store.