Salvatore’s Italian Gardens is one of Buffalo’s most elegant landmarks and has brought tourists to the Western New York area for over forty years. This beautiful restaurant is known world wide for its fine food, elegant service and elaborate décor. Joseph Salvatore and his family are excited to celebrate over forty years in the restaurant industry, continuing the family tradition into the fourth generation.
In the 1920’s, Joseph’s grandfather opened the first Salvatore’s on the east side of Buffalo. This was the start of a Buffalo dynasty. His sons, Russell and Anthony took over the running of the restaurant and built a thriving business in the city. In 1967, Russell, Joseph’s father, opened the current location Salvatore’s Italian Gardens on Transit and Genesee Street. This started as a small place that sat about sixty people.