The town of Front Royal was incorporated in 1788, and is situated at the junction of the North Fork and South Fork of the Shenandoah River. The establishment of the name Front Royal is not known for certain and several different versions of its origin exist.Royal Oak Tavern opened in 2002, 17 years after our original founding restaurant, Cork Street Tavern, located in Winchester, Virginia opened. Since then the owner, Anthony Andriola has also expanded to open Spring House Tavern in Woodstock, Virginia. We strive to make each location a part of the local community. We hope to become a piece of Front Royal history.