Ravisloe Country Club was established in 1901 by an ambitious and visionary group comprised largely of members of Chicago's Standard Club. In 1916, the Club invited the world-renowned Donald Ross to put his imprint on the course. The Ross renovation, carried out from 1917-19, rendered Ravisloe much more distinctive and challenging. Fine-tuning per Ross' directives continued until 1924. In late 2008, after 107 years as a storied country club with a proud and strong Jewish heritage, Ravisloe closed its doors. Enter Dr. Claude Gendreau. Viewing Ravisloe as a jewel that should be preserved and enjoyed by everyone, Dr. Gendreau purchased Ravisloe in February 2009. Since then, Dr. Gendreau has invested substantially in enhancing the golf course and its lush gardens, renovating the splendid clubhouse and launching a second-to-none special events program onsite; all initiatives consistent with Dr. Gendreau's preservationist mindset and desire to maintain Ravisloe for the enjoyment of this and future generations of golfers and community members alike.