Prairie Trails began as a nine hole course in the 1920's called The El Dorado Country Club. In 1999 the back nine was constructed and opened in June 2000. The El Dorado Country Club was sold and became Prairie Trails Golf and Country Club on January 1st of 2001. In November of 2011 Prairie Trails Golf and Country Club was sold to the City of El Dorado, thus making it a public course and the 18 holes we have today. The official name is now Prairie Trails Golf Course. Prairie Trails Golf Course is 6290 yards from the tips. The course contains Bluegrass & Zoysia grass tees, Bluegrass Fairways, & Creeping Bentgrass greens. Prairie Trails contains many acres of beautiful prairie grass and several water hazards.