Charles Emery sold ice cream on site next to Oysterville Creek. That was the beginning of the idea of building the Pleasantville Park Garage (built in 1952) and the Pleasantville Park. The Park held many fishing rodeos and picnics. In 1954, the Pleasantville Diner was built. Lawrence (“Reiffy”) and Elva Reifsnyder, who lived in a small apartment above the garage, were the next owners. While Elva worked the diner, “Reiffy” worked the garage and gas pumps until 1981. In 1981, Mike Andre purchased the property and leased the garage to Charles Haas and later to Jesse Mast. Mike and his family, expanded the diner in 1982 and in 1984 built the Andre Farms Grocery Store. In order to focus his attention on the new store, Mike Andre leased the diner to Lee and Sandy Greisemer in 1988. The Griesemers sold the business to Joe Kilroy and family, who eventually sold the business to Ronnie and Pat Schaedler. The Pleasantville Auto Park across from the diner (which “Reiffy” sold to Roy and Cheryl Sheeler in 1991) became Sheeler’s Grove. It held many baseball games and family picnics. The Oysterville Creek behind the diner and Sheeler’s Grove has been the center of the annual Pleasantville Covered Bridge Fishing Rodeo in June. In 2005, Mike Andre sold the entire Pleasantville Diner and Garage to Terry and Marsha Moser. In memory of Lawrence and Elva Reifsnyder, this diner and garage which has been the center of Pleasantville for over half a century, continues to be referred to as “Reiffy’s”.