In the 1920s, restaurants that served food out of trolley cars were referred to as “pie wagons”.In 1922, two brothers, Hudson and Dan Coombs, established the first permanent location of The Pie Wagon (originally named The Majestic Café). At that time the restaurant was a trolley car that sat behind what is now the Frist Center and Union Station Hotel. The brothers served short-order, Southern food 24 hours a day.Around 1965, The Pie Wagon moved to a location on 12th and McGavock Street. Although the restaurant no longer resided in a trolley car, people continued to refer to it as The Pie Wagon, and, over time, the original name was lost. In 2002, The Pie Wagon moved to its current location at 1302 Division Street where it occupies the former office space of country music legend Faron Young. His recording studios located in the same building are still in use today.