The name Pickle Bill's was derived in the mind of a thirty year old man named Gerald Gibson Powell back in 1967. W.C.Fields, the famous actor of the 1930's black and white movie era, was a favorite of Jerry's. Field's first name, William, was shortened to Bill, and due to the fact that his movie character was always "pickled", the "Pickle Bill's" name was created. This is the reason why the silhouette of Fields is used as our company logo. These same movies were shown throughout the evening at Pickle Bill's first location on Old River Road in the Cleveland flats. The restaurant's seating capacity was approximately 250 guests.