Martusciello's Bakery Inc's roots began in a town in Italy called Pignataro Maggiore by Gaetano Martusciello. Martusciello's father Gaetano learned the bread trade and migrated to the United States. Around 1959, he opened a small neighborhood store at 229 Saratoga Street. He and his wife Maria baked bread daily (7 days a week) while raising their four children.At age 16, Frank the youngest, took an interest in the family business. Frank had ideas for a large store which would accommodate wholesale and retail, pizza's, subs, bread sales as well as a variety of sweet treats. He worked vigorously to meet this goal and in 1978 when his dad retired, Frank took control of the business.