Local 121 is part of a landmark preservation project led by AS220. The arts organization bought the 24,000 square foot former Dreyfus Hotel in 2005 and renovated it into an affordable live-and-work space for artists, with an art gallery on the ground floor and a restaurant- Local 121. The Dreyfus hotel, built in the 1890’s on Washington and Mathewson streets, served as dormitory from 1975-2000, and had been vacant ever since. Enter the Millers. State Senator, Joshua Miller, and his wife Nancy Miller envisioned a restaurant that would not only stand out from the crowd and help define the downtown area as a “foodie” haven, but more importantly, create a restaurant that is ecologically, culturally, and agriculturally sustainable. Local 121 is aptly named for it’s commitment to all things local as well as our physical location at 121 Washington Street.