The postcard below shows KILLMEYER’S as it appeared around 1907. Viewed closely the original shows that Monroe Eckstein’s Four Corners Brewery supplied the beer here. KILLMEYER’S had already been around for half a century, at least. Ol’ Cap Simonson claims that part of this building goes back to the early 1700’s. The earliest maps show one or two structures in this area, so who knows? We do know that Balthazar Kreischer sold this property to Nicolas Killmeyer around 1855. The next generation of Killmeyers expanded the original building, made the upstairs hotel, and commissioned the beautiful Mahogany bar in 1890. The Simonson family bought the building from the Killmeyer heirs in 1945. It was known as “Rube’s” until the 1950’s when Cappy decided that the 100 year old structure would be better off called, “The Century Inn”. In 1995 we bought it from the Simonson family, restored it and renamed it KILLMEYER’S OLD BAVARIA INN.