7 Days a week Happy Hour is from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Johnny's Dock Restaurant has been an imprtant feature of the Tacoma Tideflats since its opening by John E. Meaker in December of 1953. Mr. Meaker had been in the meat cutting and restarant business since 1915 when he apprenticed as a meat cutter in Seattle's Pike Place Market. In 1921 he openend a butcher shop with his father at the corner of First and Pike and over the next ten years they continued to run the butcher shop and openend two restaurants in Seattle and one at Grand Coulee, WA during the construction of the Grand Coulee Dam.
In 1932 he moved the butcher shop to the Queen City Market at Fourth and Pine, and in 1937 he moved the ship to the Bell Street Terminal where the operation supplied the maritime trade and institutions, as well as retail customers.