The restaurant soon flourished and Red assumed managerial duties and became indispensable to Johnny Harris. Subsequently, the place became too cramped to handle the crowds who came to feast on the two specialties of the house: the famous bar-B-que and fried chicken. It was quickly decided that the present site was too small even after considering additions, so plans were drawn to build a completely new establishment a block down the street. In September of 1936, the new restaurant that Red helped to build opened for business at its present location -1651 E. Victory Drive. Through the years, the original specialties of the establishment still have a tremendous following, both locally and throughout the Southeast. Many a traveler has stumbled upon the restaurant, only to return year after year. Tourists enjoy the historic feel of the dining rooms that despite having been up dated many times, still retain the aura of yesteryear. The menu has grown to include many succulent foods that would please the palate of even a roaster gourmet.