Indian Hills Golf Course has been a cornerstone of Fort Pierce since 1942. The City acquired the Course in 2002 and has been continually striving to improve both customer service and facilities conditions. In that spirit, the City retained Architect Ward Northrup to design an entirely new 18-hole layout on the existing grounds. The new 6555-yard layout has been well received by both long-time patrons and newcomers alike. This challenging, yet friendly new course features expansive tee surfaces, wide fairways, continuous concrete cart paths and Tif-eagle greens. 72 sand bunkers dot the landscape and add to the challenge for tee shots and approaches. In addition Indian Hills offers a 320-yard practice range as well a short game practice area and green.