Decade after decade, hungry folks have been flocking to the corner of 10th St. and Emerson Ave. to fill their grumbling stomachs. The site started as home to the Northway Drive-In, a restaurant serving sandwiches, fountain drinks, and ice cream. In the late 1950's, the Laughner family, longtime Indianapolis restauranteurs, decided to tap into the booming drive-in business. They bought the site, built a modern structure, and began Laughner's Steer-In. Despite the family's notable food-service expertise, the venture wasn't especially successful, and they sold the business to Harold Phillips in 1964.