The house was built by the current owner's grandparents , George and Vinnie Craft, circa 1928. The original house was preserved as much as possible with a modern kitchen added to the rear of the house. It is furnished with antiques that have been in her family for many years and other items of interest that have been collected and are displayed in the hallways and dining areas. When Madison County was formed in 1818, the southeastern corner was a part of the Cherokee Nation. White settlers were already entering the area even before Madison County was established. Under the Treaties of 1817 and 1819 the Cherokee ceded to the United States large sections of land. For example, all of their land to the north of the Tennessee River was ceded under these treaties along with other lands in Georgia and North Carolina". There is a log house on the property that was built during this period , the early 1800's, that is registered as a Historical Landmark by the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage.