Please call to make reservations. Seating is limited.
Glenmere was built in 1911 as the country retreat of industrialist Robert Goelet. He commissioned the leading architects of the day, Carrère and Hastings, to create an Italianate mansion reminiscent of the villas of Tuscany that had enchanted him in his travels. Goelet perched the opulent mansion on a hilltop overlooking Glenmere Lake amid thousands of acres of land that he purchased at the turn of the century. Beatrix Jones Farrand, America’s first major female landscape architect, was called upon to create the incomparable Glenmere Gardens, much of which remains today.