Glen Acres Golf & Country Club was established in 1924 (Originally Glendale Golf Club). It was built as a 9-hole / 18-tee golf course by renowned architect Arthur Vernon Macan. The clubhouse, located just off Glendale Drive, was completed in 1926. Monthly dues were $16.50, with coffee 10 cents and a sandwich 25 cents. 'Delinquent Members' names to be posted in Club House' appeared on the bottom of the invoice. In 1958 the entire club membership moved to its present location in Bellevue. Kinney Leonard then purchased the golf course and clubhouse. Leonard developed and sold condominiums on the west side adjacent to the golf course. The name was changed to the Glen Acres Golf and Country Club and sold to the homeowners.