In 1908, Ernestine Reuter was granted a permit to build a one-level diner at 201 F Street NE. The estimated cost of construction was $2,000. The diner originally served “butter and eggs” to the Union Station travelers before food service was available on the trains.
After nearly twenty-five years of neglect, National Community Church purchased 201 F Street NE on February 7, 2002. The property was successfully rezoned from residential to commercial use in January 2003. Architectural plans were approved by the Historic Preservation Review Board in February 2004. Construction began December 2004 and we opened our doors March 15, 2006.