Nathaniel Hasty, a pirate from New England and his wife Elizabeth, a school teacher from Boston, settled in “Ponce Park” during the 1870’s. By 1881 they had built and established a small fishing village and trading post where Elizabeth Hasty served as a Post Mistress for twenty four years. In 1908 Elizabeth Hasty sold the property to Frank E. and Annie Eliza Stone. The Stone family, including six year old Valda, moved form Titusville to “Ponce Park” joining a handful of families living at the Inlet. The Stones owned the only com- mercial fishing dock and soon were operating the Post Office, a general store, and an orange grove.