A St. Paul baker named Ed Durin owned several bakeries. His wife was also his business partner, waiting on customers with a cheery smile. To honor her, Ed named one of his bakeries after her. In 1951, when Ed was retiring, Walter Grochowski purchased one of Ed's bakeries. It was located on East 7th Street near the 3M tape plant. Since that bakery already had a good reputation and good clientèle, Wally decided not to change the name, even though the bakery had the name of Ed's wife Dorothy Ann!