Founded by Tony and Joe Della Rose in 1944, the small tavern at the corner of Ashland and Glover in east Baltimore was the place to be. Whether it was stopping in to grab an overstuffed sandwich, or swinging by after a hard day of work to grab a cold draft, the place was always buzzing with lively conversation and good cheer. It wasn't long before the small tavern earned a reputation for having good food. Tony and Joe's mother, Carmella, was busy cooking away in the small kitchen above the bar. Not only did she make a great spaghetti sauce, she was one of the first people to introduce pizza to the Baltimore marketplace.