The building at 157 Third Avenue South opened in 1946 as a meat and grocery shop called Quality Grocery. It was owned and operated by Anton Matczynski.Matczynski began his meat and grocery business at 149 Third Avenue South in 1915. Later he moved to Concord Street. After selling the Concord Street business to his nephews, Anton moved up the hill to the present location.In 1956 it became a Dairy Home Grocery. The name changed slightly in 1963 when the store became the JM Dairy Home.In 1964, the grocery business ended and the building opened as The COOP Restaurant. Stanley and Richard Gapinski opened a carry-out food restaurant.The menu (seen below) was limited, but The COOP legend had begun.Though it has had different owners, The COOP continues today, much as it did in 1964. The menu has greatly expanded: offering a wide variety of tasty meals for its customers. Today Bob and Karen Hanson are proud to continue the traditions of The COOP.