The building that houses the COACH LAMP RESTAURANT & PUB was built in 1872. Folklore has it that it was used as a coach stop in and around that time. At the turn of the twentieth century it became a General Store selling seed, yard goods, feeds, and other general items of interest needed for that time. This is not folklore; we know this to be true! In 1937, Louisville experienced the "Great Flood" and Dominick Maier owned the Swan and Vine Bar located just down the street. After the flood, his bar was destroyed and he moved into business to what is now the COACH LAMP RESTAURANT & PUB. Maier's Bar and Grill was known for its roast beef and mashed potato plate, a tradition we still carry on to this day.