The sign at the entrance to Clancey's reads, "Through these portals pass the finest people in South West Florida - Our Customers". But, years ago those portals saw more than just diners passing through. This building known for good food and homey atmosphere, dates back to 1940. The area was once a remote outpost between the city of Ft. Myers and Ft. Myers Beach. Several changes in ownership and name changes took over the years. The building was eventually remodeled and became Clancey's in 1977. It has always been a relaxing gathering place for our locals. Today, the vintage beer cans, antiques, old photos and license plates from visitors of every state of the union, all line the walls of this warm, neighborhood restaurant.