The first resident on record was in 1909, widow Elizabeth Hendrickson. In 1912, for the buying price of $1,800, inspector Matthew Neil became the proud owner. By 1914, the house was also home to Matthew's father, wife and son. In 1920, the home underwent it's first transformation, becoming the business office for several medical professionals, the first being Dr. Horace S. Woolston, a dentist.
Casona served as residence for the the doctor's family and was one of the first homes to have a telephone, a Bell 242J, an innovative feature which may have appeared thanks to the doctor's son, Stephen, who was a telegraph operator.