The first Captain Harvey's opened in 1935, when our founder, Captain Harvey E. Marshall, Sr. who had been a captain with the Curtis Bay Towing Company, opened his first tavern near the inner harbor in South Baltimore. He featured a congenial atmosphere and his favorite seafood recipes from his native Eastern Shore. Harvey's moved to Owings Mills in 1953 and with its large bar and pool tables, quickly became the neighborhood gathering place. A small dining room was added to accomodate customers who preferred a quiet atmosphere. A devastating fire destroyed the bar and cafe' in 1970 but it was quickly rebuilt in the same location and opened in April, 1972. The original stone crabhouse withstood the fire and anchors the crab garden addition which opened in 1990.