Capt. Bill’s Waterfront Restaurant is the oldest restaurant in Carteret County. The entire restaurant sits on pilings out over the beautiful waters of Bogue Sound. It began on the corner of Arendell and Ninth Streets in 1938 by Mr. Headen Ballou (later known as Capt. Bill) and was known as The Atlantic Cafe. One year later, he moved his restaurant down the street to the block between 7th and 8th Streets (still on Arendell Street) and reopened his restaurant naming it the Morehead Café.