cheddar cheese melted in brewer’s alley india pale ale sweetened with carrots and onion
looking for a little more on your salad then add to any of the above: chicken $3, flank steak $5, grilled shrimp $5, goat cheese fritters $5 or grilled salmon $8
Organic Mixed Greens Salad
earth bound farms certified organic spring mix tossed in house champagne vinaigrette with european cucumbers, baby tomatoes and sliced red onions
Classic Caesar Salad
crisp romaine hearts tossed in creamy caesar dressing with garlic croutons and parmesan cheese
Brewer’s Cajun Autumn Greens
shaved pecorino romano, roma tomatoes, bermuda onions, cucumbers, cajun dressing and grilled buttery baguette croustades
2nd Street Andouille Caesar
½ heart of romaine with grilled andouille sausage, garnished with grape tomatoes, bermuda onions, garlic herb croutons with dijon caper vinaigrette
Grilled Steak And Iceberg Salad
marinated grilled shoulder filet with crispy iceberg lettuce, creamy blue cheese dressing, crispy onion straws and firecracker oil
all sandwiches come with a kosher pickle spear and your choice of french fries, cole slaw or a cup of our soup of the day. add your choice of white cheddar, swiss, pepper jack, american, provolone, fontina or blue cheese for $1
Pete's Smoked Pulled Pork Barbeque
house smoked with aged hickory for fourteen hours! piled high on a toasted kaiser roll with creamy cole slaw and brewer's barbeque sauce
Welcome to Brewer’s Alley, Frederick’s first Brewpub. Brewer’s Alley is proud to continue the long history of beer making in a town known for its deep appreciation of fine fermented spirits.
The name itself is taken from a page of history. Brewer’s Alley was located on what is currently South Court Street. Beer Production ceased in 1901 when a large fire consumed the brewery of John Kuhn, who was the last in a long line of brewers to occupy space along the banks of Carroll Creek. For over 153 years, from the very beginning of Frederick County, Brewer’s Alley was a fixture in the social and economic landscape of Frederick. Ninety-five years after leaving Frederick, Brewer’s Alley is back!
Brewer’s Alley’s location at 124 North Market Street is steeped in Frederick history. The first residents of Frederick held a lottery to raise money to build a town hall and market house on this location in 1765, which was completed in 1769. This structure served its purpose for over 100 years and was witness to the birth of Frederick as a city. The Market House spanned the Civil War, including the ransoming of the city by Confederate General Jubal Early.
In 1873, the bustling town of Frederick replaced the Market House with the "new" multifunctional offices, and provided space in the rear for the Frederick Farmer’s Market. Later, the rear of the building was replaced by the present parking deck; the first of it’s kind in town.
As the seat of city government the building was witness to Frederick’s political history, and as an opera house and theatre it has been witness to much of Frederick’s social and entertainment history. The building has hosted such diverse events as a Memorial Service for President McKinley in 1901, the Frederick debut of D.W. Griffith’s film "The Birth of a Nation", and the Manhattan Opera Company’s production of "Madame Butterfly", in 1926. It also hosted the popular American Legion fundraisers immediately after World War I, and the family pleasers the Mykle and Harden Fair Week Road Shows.
Brewer’s Alley has been fortunate in its efforts to preserve the elegance and glory of the old Opera House by being able to engage Salyer Studio Faux to faux decorate some of the original ceiling panels and columns in mimicked old Italian Sienna marble. The beautiful and captivating glass etching work and stained glass seen throughout the building done by Rusty and Sharon Rowland’s Art in Glass Studio complements this fine craftsmanship. Their rendition of the hop vines on the brewery glass and the stain glass panels in the back dinning room was all done by hand and is a joy to behold.