This historic 18-hole golf course, the first inductee into the Texas Golf Hall of Fame, was the original site of the PGA Winter Tour. Located near the heart of San Antonio in historic Brackenridge Park, this course is the oldest of the six municipal golf courses. It opened for play in 1916 as an 18-hole championship course. The Texas Open Golf Tournament originated on this course in 1922 and was played here until 1959. The golf course closed January 2008 for renovations and re-opened in October 2008. Renovations include greens, tees, fairways and a layout which includes 15 of the original 18 holes previously designed by the renowned golf course designer, A.W. Tillinghast. Thirty new bunkers were added to the course. The renovated golf course measures 6,263 from the championship tees with a par of 71.