This Bob's restaurant was built in 1949 by local residents Scott MacDonald and Ward Albert, and is the oldest remaining BOB'S BIG BOY in America. It was designed by renowned architect WayneMcAllister, incorporating the 1940's transitional design of streamline modern style while anticiapting the free-form 50's coffee shop architecture. The towering BOB's sign is an integral part of the building design and its most prominent feature. The restaurant was honored in 1993, receiving the designation as a "STATE POINT OF HISTORICAL INTEREST" by the state of California. The current owner (the MacDonald Family) acquired control of the restaurant in 1993 and began to restore it to its past glory.