Built in the early 1900's, the Blue Boy Ranch, located in the foothills of the Cascades above the beautiful Skykomish Valley, was for many years a successful thoroughbred training facility. The horse ranch was converted to a golf course, becoming Monroe's second public golf course in 1992. Since then, the Blue Boy has grown to be one of the most popular courses in the region. In 1995, a major restoration of the main barn was completed, transforming the building into a beautiful new clubhouse which serves as a wedding and banquet facility. "The Barn" now features a very large deck overlooking the golf course, a private dining room in the loft area, and complete kitchen facilities creating Blue Boy's "Doc's Dream Cafe", which opened to the public in July of 1995.