The Blue and White was originally established in 1924 on Route 61 along the railroad in downtown Tunica, Mississippi. In 1937, the Pure Oil Company moved The Blue and White Cafe and Service Station to its present location on what is now Highway 61 shortly after the construction of the new Route 61. The Blue and White was owned and operated for many years by the Pure Oil Company. During the early years, the Blue and White included a tobacco and newsstand, a Greyhound bus stop, a full-service restaurant and service station. Since that time, the Blue and White has experienced a world war, operated successfully during the terms of over a dozen U.S. Presidents, and thrived throughout many other economic and domestic changes in both Tunica and this great country of ours. The restaurant is now owned and operated by Steven Barbieri and Joe Weiss. Some of the staff have been with the restaurant as long as 40 years. In the kitchen you will find a grandmother cooking side by side with her daughter-in-law and two of her grandchildren as she passes down a seventy-year-old tradition of true Southern style cooking. Serving great food along with true Southern hospitality was and still is the driving force behind everything we do at the Blue and White.