Opened in 1934 as "Jackson Limited", it was Charlie Jackson's second drive-in in the area. The word "Limited" referred to the model train circling above the dining room and was taken from the era of train travel during which many of the great passenger trains were known as "Limiteds". In a time when there were few suburban eateries, Jackson's Limited and Jackson's Airport locations flourished. Due to a labor shortage brought on by WWII, Jackson's Limited was forced to close in 1943.The restaurant was leased and reopened in November of 1944 by M. W. (Bill) Orange and operated for several years as Jackson's with help from his brother, J. B. Orange. In 1948, Ross Bear-den bought the restaurant from Charlie Jackson. M. W. Orange retained his lease and formed a partnership with Ross Bear-den to build more restaurants. At the same time, J. B. Orange started Orange Line Publishing Co., producing one of the country's first suburban telephone directories, with his first book servicing Rocky River.Ross Beard en and M. W. Orange built three more Bear den's Restaurants during the 1950s starting with Rocky River Drive in Cleveland (1952), Pearl Road in Parma (1954), and Warren Road in Lakewood (1956).