Azzara’s Italian Restaurant was first established by Sam Azzara in Stanton, CA in 1956. With the help and support of his Sicilian immigrant parents, Vita and Alberto, Sam’s restaurant quickly became a thriving business. In February of 1978, Sam and his wife, Denise, opened Azzara’s Italian Restaurant in its current location in Incline Village, NV. After 30 years of business, Sam and Denise were ready to retire. Their daughter, Andrea grew up in the restaurant, has a passion for the business, and a BA degree in Culinary Arts from UNLV. It was an ideal fit and made for a smooth transition for the restaurant. In October of 2007, Andrea Azzara Gitchell and her husband, Cord Gitchell became the new owners of Azzara's.