Blanca Aldaco opened the restaurant in 1989 at the original Commerce Street location. The restaurant quickly grew to be a local favorite, and in 1999, Aldaco’s moved to their current, much larger, location at Historic Sunset Station. As an integral part of the Historic Sunset Station train depot built in 1902, Aldaco’s dining room was the original baggage handling area, a small dining facility and an area for the Interstate Company News. Aldaco’s Private Dining Room, Casa Mirasol, once served as the Depot’s segregated waiting area. Aldaco’s has earned an extensive list of awards over the years.