t was the year 1722. There were hundreds of thousands of acres of virgin hardwood forest unbroken by civilization or settlement. Lancaster County, on the east bank of the Susquehanna River was organizationally and developmentally still considered part of Chester County, PA; and would be so for another 10 years. Native American Indians still resided in the area and had free domain and access over the whole region. There were Indian villages on the west bank of the Susquehanna River, just north of the Codorus Creek, about 3 miles from the Accomac location. On the east bank of the Susquehanna River was another Indian settlement at what is now Columbia, Lancaster County. This entire region was virtually untouched by European settlement.
It was during this year of 1722 that Accomac Inn had its first beginnings on March 28, when a 200-acre tract of land called “The Partner’s Adventure” was first surveyed under authority of the Maryland proprietors for Philip Syng and Thomas Brown. Ten years later on December 9, 1732, a Patent was granted by Maryland for these 200 acres to these same two gentlemen